As promised here comes another fantastic cake recipe, its vegan, naturally sweetened, gluten free but jam packed with flavour.
The cake takes a little longer to make, at least for my means BUT it is absolutely worth it! (Plus most of the time is waiting time when we’re honest)
When I tried this one, I had no idea how good the end result would be, that’s why I have no progress baking photos for you, hooopsi, but its super easy, so its no problem without them.
The cake tastes refreshing and summery, not too sweet but is definitely still a cake to satisfy any sweet tooth cravings.
So if you’re still with me, start to stir things up and make this deliciousness happen:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 heaping Tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Start off with soaking the cashews in a bowl (completely covered) and let them sit while you’re working on the crust.
- Preheat the oven 176 C and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, almonds and sea salt in a bowl and blend them with a hand blender or mixer until you get a fine texture similar to flour.
- Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil, and blend for another 2 minutes. It should transform to a doughy texture. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Spread your mixture in baking sheet and spread evenly by covering it with another baking paper and rolling it with a drinking glass. The dough should sit compact in your baking tin.
- Bake for roughly 20 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and some browning on the surface. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, you get the filling ready. Drain cashews and add them to a bowl with all the other ingredients for your filling. Blend everything until you have a smooth creamy texture.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer.
- Put the cake in the oven, heat on 176 C and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down for a while before you place it in the fridge to let cool completely.
- Decorate the cake with lemon slices before you serve.
Let me know how it went and if you have any suggestions of improvement or maybe some other healthy recipe ideas.
This recipe is inspired by the awesome Food Blogger ‘Minimalist Baker’ and definitely worth a look.
Published by: Miriam Frieser in Food